How to Find a Student Job
All student positions are posted online at studentjobs.byu.edu
All library student positions are required to be posted online. Please check the website frequently for the most up-to-date job listings.
Most job openings occur within the month preceding the start of a new semester. During these times, because job listings may only stay open on the website for 4-8 hours, we recommend that you check the website multiple times a day.
Below are instructions for creating and using a jobs.byu.edu account:
- Go to studentjobs.byu.edu
- Click on “Student login”
- Click on “Apply for a Job/View Job Postings”
- Browse through all the jobs
To see all jobs posted for the Harold B. Lee Library:
- Press on “Department”
- This will put all departments in alphabetical order
- Scroll down to all listings in the “Lee Library” department
This will bring up all jobs associated with the Harold B. Lee Library (as well other on-campus libraries).
** If “Lee Library” is not listed, this means that no jobs within the library are currently available. If you are interested in obtaining a library job, please check the website often to stay updated on jobs available. **
Increasing Your Chance to Be Hired
- Have a class schedule that allows for blocks of time available for work, such as:
- 8:00AM – 12:00 noon M-F
- 1:00-5:00 PM M-F
- Blocks of 2+ hours together between 8:00 – 5:00 M-F
- Check the job board daily
- Be sure to read and follow application instructions
- Revise resume to highlight qualifications that pertain to each specific job
- Make sure application reflects the job you are applying for accurately
- The library hires the most students between August 1 and 15, and at the end of other semesters
If you would like resume help or would like to schedule a practice interview call or visit the Career and Academic Success Center (2590 Wilkinson Student Center, (801) 422-3000). We also recommend looking at the job board on the Student Employment Office (2024 Wilkinson Student Center) and speaking with a representative there.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the HR Office (2224 HBLL) or call us at 801-422-8163. We would be happy to help.