1. Select “Add Features”
2. Scrolling down to Y-time and clicking the “+” sign right next to it.
3. To clock in, simply click on the green IN button located next to the corresponding job description. To clock out, click on the red OUT button by the appropriate job.
4. Click on the View Timesheet button to see your detailed timesheet that will show you all punches recorded for the current pay period.
Adding Y-Time to myBYU home page & accessing timesheet
- Go to my.byu.edu and log in
- On the left side, click on “Customize”
- Next, you will be brought to a drop-down menu and “Add Apps” will be highlighted. In the “Search for stuff”
box, type in y-time.
- Drag your mouse over this icon and a little “Add” button will appear.
- Click “Add” and it will then appear on your myBYU home page. You can click and drag it to move it accordingly.This portlet will allow you to track how much time you have worked for the week as well as the pay period. It is also an easy way to connect to your Timesheet if you need to fix an exception.
To view your Timesheet
Go to your Y-Time app and click on the gray icon.
Here is where you can fix any incorrect punches you may have. If you are not able to fix it yourself, please contact your supervisor and notify them of the needed changes.
Using the Portlet
The portlet will list all active jobs for which you are employed. To clock in or out, click on the green “IN” or red “OUT” button next to the job description.
If you want to review your last punch, click on the job description link (ie: “LIBRARY CLERK”).
If you want to review all punches, click on the MyTimeSheet button.
- Y-Time device on Level 3 or Level 1
- BYU phone in your area of employment
- Your computer workstation
- I-phones/cell phones
- Personal laptops or other computers outside your immediate work area
- Any untraceable location/device